Added a Second Beehive

The place I got my first package of bees from got another shipment and had an extra so I went ahead and got it.  This time I sprayed them bees with a 1:1 sugar solution and I think the install went better.  Very little flying around until they got themselves cleaned off and by then I was long gone.  I gave them one frame that was about 80% full of honey and another about 40% from last years bees to get them started.

The first package was installed on May 3rd, so that has been 16 days and I see good activity coming and going from the hive so I am hopeful they will do well this year.

This entry was posted in beekeeping and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.